Friday, December 24, 2010

So proud of this guy....

He's done three big things this month which made him nervous, but he did them anyway. He's learning the difference between being scared and being nervous. We've had some good conversations about that and I've been trying to help him to articulate his feelings with words instead of acting out. It's been good. I feel like he and I are both getting one step closer to kindergarten.
I will say, that I do NOT regret for one second the decision we made to keep Christian home this year. I know he would have been fine in Kindergarten this year, but he is so much more prepared now in character and academics. And the biggest thing that has happened this school year is that Christian and McKenna have really become friends. They've had tons of time together, just the two of them. McKenna is old enough now to actually play and follow directions. And most days they spend a few hours of good quality time playing together and those are treasured moments that McKenna and I are both going to miss next year. I'm thankful that they've had this year together to grow in their love for each other and I'm praying that their friendship will last a lifetime.
Now don't get me wrong; Christian has the unique ability to make McKenna scream louder than you can even imagine. And McKenna pretty much knows exactly what she needs to do to annoy Christian to pieces. But they adore each other and genuinely care about each other. They look out for each other. They even get upset with me when I discipline one of them. McKenna has been known to end up in time out herself because she's yelled at me for "being mean to Christian."
Well, back to the point of this post. I'm proud of my son. He's growing up which is hard for me to accept, but I'm proud of the little man he's becoming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christian has matured tremendously this year. We love being more involved in his life and are very proud of all of his accomplishments.
Grandmom