Thursday, December 2, 2010

A first tonight

I don't have any pictures...but I just had to blog it b/c I don't want to forget.

Tonight while we were doing our Jesse Tree devotions, we were all in Christian's room. Only the lights on the Jesse Tree lite up the room. And after Christian had hung the ornament on the tree and we talked about it (tonight was the "fall of man," the snake on a branch with an apple) we all sang "A Way in a Manger" and then I asked who wanted to pray for our family.

McKenna said she wanted to pray (which is not uncommon) and I got her on my lap and told her I would help her. And looked at me and said "I don't need help. I don't even need help closing my eyes." Usually I help her and she repeats after Ryan or I, so I figured this was going to be interesting & silly. Instead it was absolutely perfect!

So she closed her eyes and said,
"Dear Jesus,
Thank you for mommy and daddy.
Thank you for Christian.
Thank you for that baby in mommy's belly.
Thank you for Christian's remote control 4-wheeler and the remote.
Thanks for binkies and bubu's (that's sippy cups) and pillows.
Thank you for Christmas.
Amen."

That might go down as the best moment ever!



1 comment:

Christine said...

I literally started tearing up reading McKenna's sweet prayer. :) Thanks for sharing!