Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Ken Ken"

McKenna and I were shopping the other day and when we got in line the lady waiting behind us asked McKenna what her name was. Without missing a beat McKenna said "Ken Ken." Apparently the nickname Christian has given her is going to stick. Not sure if I love it, but it does sound awfully cute when she refers to herself as "Ken Ken."

And speaking of names, we still don't have one for this little boy. I think we're close, someone just needs to give in (and it's not me)! Ha! Well, one of us will compromise at some point. If Christian had his way we'd call this boy "Andrew" and be done with it. I will give Christian some credit. He does come up with pretty decent names. So far his favorite names have been Thomas, Micah, Carter, Joshua and Andrew. Not bad, although he's pretty much just copying off of his friends names, but that's okay.

Ryan and I pretty much have a name discussion everyday, but it only lasts for about 2 minutes when we both tell each other the name we like and then realize that we still don't agree and we drop it. Clearly we are just awesome communicators that always put each other's ideas before our own :) Oh but seriously, he's been such a good sport about this pregnancy. I would not say that I have been the most pleasant person to be around. My body just aches so bad by the time 6pm rolls around (I think this might have to be my last baby in my 30's, I don't think my body could do this again) and that's right about the time he shows up. I'm sure he loves it.

Well, I've gotta go get Ken Ken up from her nap :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

We didn't have names for either of our children picked out until within a week of them being born...it was so hard! I remember that end of the day ache! I had it with my second, but then again some of us have only had children in our 30s! ;)

Millicent said...

cute!!!
Sorry you are feeling bad--I guess you could wait until your 40's to have another?