Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Visiting Grandmom & PopPop

The kids and I had a great weekend at my parent's house!
Christian & McKenna hung their stockings, since that's where we'll wake up on Christmas morning.
Christian is starting to have a really good memory. He remembered this Christmas train that my parent's had put up last year, but that they didn't put out this year. He just had to have that train, so PopPop had to go out to the garage and try to find it for him. It was a hit, as any train is!

McKenna got to play with some tiny trains while she watched the Christmas train.
This is a much trickier train than Christian is used to. It kept coming off the tracks and Grandmom was very involved in putting it back on.

Love it that he still gets so excited over a train! I don't really think he's going to outgrow them. He might outgrow Thomas, but then I think we'll just move onto the real trains with the tiny metal tracks.
Christian and PopPop worked on a project.
While McKenna sang Christmas carols with Grandmom.

I wish I had taken more pictures because McKenna was so excited about all the Christmas decorations at my parents house. She was thrilled with the Christmas tree with the packages underneath (she only opened one, you definitely can't wrap things in gift bags with her around). I've got to get a video of her saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho, Merry Christmas!" It's the most adorable thing ever!

-----

And I've got to share this idea with all the Grandmoms out there. My mom has a small Christmas tree that she calls her "Grandchildren Tree." Every year we give her picture ornaments of the kids and that's the tree they go on. So she ends up with pictures of the kids from every year of their life so far. We do our best to put the date on the back of the ornament, so that we can remember how old everyone was in their picture. The tree is starting to get a little crowded, but it's so fun to look back at all the cousins as babies. It's a sweet tradition. (My sister gets the credit for this idea. She started it a few years ago).

3 comments:

the mccollums... said...

I love the stockings...where did you get them? So cute! I love seeing all the pics of the Christmas decor...thats one thing that I miss around here.

Millicent said...

He'll definitely move on to different trains, but with a love like that it doesn't go away! We got a new train for around our tree. Ben and Wyatt both play with it every evening!

Katy said...

i love the idea of the grandchildren tree - that is such a great idea. and the kids' stockings are adorable - they are so cute!