Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Stuff!!

I LOVE Christmas traditions! I think that's what great family memories are made of. This year we've put quite a few things on hold and are just sticking to the basics. We have our advent calendars that contain a piece of chocolate each day (that is definitely not a tradition to skip) and we've got our Jesse Tree that I adore. It has led to so many wonderful discussions with Christian. It's a little different this year because we've found that McKenna is way too distracting to have around for it, so it's not a family thing this year. It's just a Christian and mommy or daddy thing. But I love talking to him about great people of faith like Jacob, Abraham and Ruth!

We didn't do THIS this year! But it's one of my favorite traditions and one that we will definitely be doing again next year!!

And I absolutely adore THIS idea!! I have got to remember this next year because I read this on her blog last year and meant to do it this year and then forgot! Maybe you could remind me Courtney :)


Normally I have a very hard time coming up with gifts that I love, but I wanted to share this one. I love the Leap Frog Scribble and Write!!! It's been such a learning tool for Christian and it's a great car toy on top of that! He finally totally gets the concept of upper and lower case letters all because of this thing. And it has helped him greatly with his handwriting skills! It costs just under $20 which is an excellent price. I think it's perfect for preschoolers, but probably too easy once they get into kindergarten. Just thought I'd mention it in case you needed a good gift idea for a four year old!
----
So what are your favorite gift ideas this year?
And what are some of your favorite traditions??
I love getting ideas from other moms, so I hope you'll leave a comment or do a post on it yourself!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have similar traditions..the advent calendar, the COuntdown chain....
It is hard to do a lot of "daily" thing type traditions because of working. We do a lot of singing of our favorite Christmas songs- Silent Night, Oh Holy Night.....
When we decorate the tree, we always pick our favorites to put on first....just the ones I can think of

Wendy

Heidi said...

We have the scribble and write also and all 3 of my kiddos love it!

Katy said...

i have never even heard of that scribble and write thing - it looks like so much fun though! what a great idea!