Monday, November 2, 2009

We were such tourists!

There's just not a whole lot for tourists to do in Florence, Alabama. We could have visited the birth place of Helen Keller, but I think we all know that that would have been a disaster with my children. So we visited this huge dam on the Tennessee River. Christian really was fascinated by it and kept asking me a thousand questions about how it all worked. He actually said at one point, "Mommy, I know I keep asking you stuff, but I just really want to know how it works!" I love that he's starting to reach this point where he really wants to understand things for real. He's not satisfied with simplified answers anymore. I can almost see his little brain trying to process things.
The next day when it was pouring down rain he said, "I bet they'll have to open some more gates on that dam so all this water can get through." And I had this "oh-my-word" moment! He really got it!
And then we made a quick stop at the University of North Alabama.
Why on earth would we go there?
I think Christian was wondering why we were there too.

Because their mascot is a lion.
And they have several REAL lions there, which would have been really cool to see....
BUT they didn't want to make an appearance, so we never saw them. So much for our excitement for the day!

No comments: