Monday, November 9, 2009

Gift Ideas?


I need some help here. I have no idea what to get McKenna for Christmas. She has a kitchen. She loves babies, but has plenty of them. I've been thinking about getting her this Disney Princess Keyboard Vanity. I usually don't love to spend tons of money on Character stuff, but I think she might actually play with this. It has a keyboard on it and she's my musical girl, so she would probably love that. I think she'd also like to look at herself in the mirror (what almost two year old doesn't!!). All the "make-up" that it comes with is also an instrument... the brush is a microphone, the hand mirror is a tamborine, etc.
So all you mommies of little girls...give me some feedback. Do you think McKenna would actually play with this (I have a feeling Christian would :) but that's not the point).
Would you're little girl play with this or would it sit in the corner?
I hate buying stuff that my kids don't play with, so I want to really think through what I'm giving them this year.
And I almost forgot to mention that I have a coupon for this which totally sweetens the deal :)

6 comments:

Holly said...

We got a regular vanity set last year and the girls aren't really into it at all. The mirror talks when you push a button, but it doesn't have the keyboard part. Maybe that would make it more interesting. Anyway, steer clear of a regular vanity table...but this one looks kind of fun to me. I'd also recommend a baby stroller and cradle (my girls spend hours pushing their babies around and putting them to sleep in their cradles). We also got the girls that Rose Petal cottage (a big tent that looks like a house) and they love to play in there together...just some thoughts.

Millicent said...

she's at a hard age...too big for baby toys, but not ready for all of the "fun" polly pockets and LPS! I think this looks fun...Natalie would love it but who knows how long she'd play with it?
Even just a regular kids keyboard--Natalie has one that she's played with for about 4 years now.

Anonymous said...

I would say the key board will be the big hit. We have a couple and both kids love them. We also have lots of microphones and that's a hit too. So while as a vanity it may not be useful yet, it may when she is like 4-7. Gracey loves to put on play makeup and paint nails, so I can see her playing with the vanity part and just today she saw the commercial and said she wanted it for her birthday. Too bad she still has 6 month to wait for that.
Lindsey

sandi said...

(friend of katy's)

we have a five year old and have the same situation each year... not into barbie, bratz etc. but too big for "little girl" stuff. meredith loves games: match games, candyland, chutes and ladders (which you might already have for the older one) and big oversized floor puzzles, she loved her leap pad about that age also. she has baby bunk beds and still plays with those. crafty things also excite her.

hope that helps ~ boys are so much easier than girls. personally i think girl things are more "worldly" at an earlier age.

Anonymous said...

When Cait was that age...long time ago...she got a keyboard as well. Didn't really use it. I agree that a stroller and cradle would be great ideas. Also, we bought our kids character sleeping bags and bed tents to match. Those were BIG hits...and got them in their own beds.

-Laurie

Katy said...

love the tie in with the instruments idea - how fun!!!