Monday, November 30, 2009

The Airport


So our trip started at the airport in Baltimore. My mom met us in Baltimore and dropped us off at the airport and then took our car home (isn't she nice??!!) I did my best to keep it simple. We didn't check any bags because Ryan had driven the car with all our stuff in it. Christian had a backpack of activities for the plane. I had a purse, diaper bag and a backpack full of our last minute stuff that we needed. And then of course there was the stroller, but getting through security was a piece of cake.
We got there in plenty of time and had fun watching all the planes take off and land.

I was feeling pretty good about how well the airport experience was going! Soon it was time to start boarding the plane. All the pre-boarding people went first, then group A...and we were next. I picked McKenna up out of her stroller to carry her onto the plane when I felt something sticky. Uh oh! She had diarrhea coming out of her diaper. It was all up her back all over her shirt. Sorry if this is TMI :) There was no time to go to the bathroom. I laid her down on the airport floor and started stripping her clothes off. There was poop everywhere. It even ended up on my shoes, the rug in the airport, etc. Nasty! But I got her changed and pretty well cleaned up and all with an audience of about 50-60 people who were still waiting to board. So we got on the plane. We got settled and I looked at McKenna's face and saw that she had poop smeared on her face (and of course we were sitting in the back of the plane, so we had just walked past about 100 people). She had put her hand in it and touched her face. Oh my! And that's how our trip started. Thankfully things got better after that, but I will tell you that the whole time I was thinking "well at least it's a good blog story!"

2 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Good you kept your sense of humor and wits about you. Maybe people thought it was chocolate on her face!

Katy said...

that's hilarious - well, i guess it's better that it happened before you got on the plane!!!