Thursday, November 5, 2009

House Hunters


Do you ever watch House Hunters on HGTV? I love that show and Ryan and I have loved house shopping for years. Even when we weren't planning on moving we always kept an eye on what was on the market. Pre-kids we would sometimes spend our Sunday afternoons driving around the countryside, looking at houses, dreaming. I love to visit model homes and get decorating ideas. In fact I have 3 model homes on my list that I want to go visit, but I just don't have the energy for it these days. In fact, I'm starting to hate house hunting.
I guess when you actually have to find a house for real and you actually have to spend real money it takes some of the joy out of it. At this point I just want to be done with it. I'm so tired of looking at houses, crunching numbers, scouring the internet daily, and stepping over toys in this townhouse.
I'm starting to sound a little fussy aren't I? This process has just taken a lot longer than we imagined when we put our house on the market last March. I think we thought it would be easy to find a good deal, but we weren't counting on the fact that we're very picky :)
So anyway, sorry about the whining...the real point of this post is to say that today might be the day :) We are going to look at a house tonight that I've already fallen in love with and I haven't even stepped inside. I think it's just about perfect. The problem is that Ryan thinks the perfect house is the one we looked at last week that's listed for $30,000 less. Hmmm...he might win this one. But my house has mature trees in the backyard and his doesn't and for some reason that's just a big deal to me. And my house has a finished basement. But his house has a two story, huge family room. His house has the bigger kitchen, but my house has the stainless steel appliances. Ahhh...you really don't want to hear all this do you? Would you just pray for us? I really want to make the right decision. I want to be wise financially and not just follow my silly heart. I want us to be in total agreement (otherwise we will probably continue to just wait..ugh). And oh how I wish we could just move and get settled soon!! Really soon! I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about it!!

Raeann

Anonymous said...

Know the feeling.
Grandmom