Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Conductor of this symphony

The last few years around here have been pretty interesting. My heart has been yanked and pulled is so many different directions. There have been intense valley's of despair, moments of indecision, complete exasperation, and just about every other emotion you could explain. And yet this week God has been trying to reveal his masterpiece to me. You see, I forget so often that He is the conductor and that my life is His symphony, not mine. It doesn't sound very good when I'm in charge and I know that, yet I still try to push him out of the way. I am pretty much a squeaky, out of tune instrument most of the time, but somehow he is orchestrating such beauty in my life.

I can just picture him waving his little baton as he brought McKenna, our ray of sunshine, on the scene at what I thought was the worst time possible. But this song would not nearly be as beautiful without her. Our orchestra is perfect with her in it.

And then he brought this little song into my life with his snuggles and kisses and endearing love. He's made the music of my life so much sweeter.
And I'm so thankful for those years when my sweet pink girl got to be a part of the orchestra everyday. I miss those songs, but God is conducting a sweet symphony in her life right now. He's at work in her, I can see it.And then I've got this little instrument that always seems to need a tune-up, but he and I are both being conducted by the ONE who knows what it's supposed to sound like, so I know that it's going to be the most enthralling symphony of all.


And just when I thought I needed to play my own song and get grouchy and stop trusting...My conductor orchestrated something surprising and beautiful. I don't deserve the symphony playing out in my life right now. In fact it's hard for me to even comprehend all the tapping His baton must have done to make all this happen. My life is the sweetest of symphonies and I have no idea why....except GRACE. It's so undeserved. So unexpected. So incredibly wonderful. Thank you Jesus!

1 Chronicles 16:8
"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The home is beautiful...yet I know that it's not what's on the exterior that is most important to the Master but what's taking place on the inside. I am thankful that He is such a patient Conductor as He fine tunes all his instruments getting them prepared for His Symphony.

You have touched so many little lives the past few years...I know that God wants to bless you.

Love the pics of all the little ones...but where's Emma?

Have a Happy Happy Thanksgiving!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Judy. Just beautiful!
Mom and Dad

Holly said...

I have been wanting to tell you what a wonderful testimony you have been to me through your house hunting experience. Steve and I went through something similar two years ago and I'm not completely sure I was as trusting of God and His plan...or at least I was much more insistent on my own plan and my own ways. I know that He was in the process and He took care of us, but I regret that I didn't look to God more, seek His guidance, share my worries with Him, etc. as I walked that path. Thank you for sharing your faith and your life with us and congratulations on a beautiful new home!