Monday, January 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning?

I don't know about you, but I don't really do spring cleaning. I do "after Christmas" cleaning! I always feel the need to do some serious deep cleaning and organizing after the tree comes down and all the new toys need a new home. So that's what I've been up to this past week. Every single cabinet and drawer in my kitchen has been cleaned out. I've been throwing stuff out right and left and I even finally decided to accept reality and pack away my good china.

Actually, I kept out just four place settings, but I put the rest away. I figured that I host way more play dates than dinner parties, so for this season of my life it's not imperative that I keep out all of my beautiful china.
These very cute, wintry, nonbreakable plates are more our speed these days. I scored a whole set (bowls and cups too), 70% off at Target! Yay Target! I love that place!
Stay tuned for the big "after Christmas" cleaning, reorganizing, make-over of Christian's room! He's very excited!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with your Judy, I'm a big after Christmas cleaner. I have been working since Christmas on organizing all my closets, cleaning out drawers and cabinents. I am trying to do one project per day!!! My new years resolution is organization.

the mccollums... said...

Wow...what a steal!! I wish too that I had china, but it is so impractical at this point in our lives. I didn't even register for it. But I do want a Christmas china one day...that's what I am out to look for maybe in a few years when we are back. I feel like the holidays are the only time when the formal dinners are made much anymore.

Jenn said...

i looooove penguins!!! i'll have to come over and use one next time i come :)