Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2 WEEKS...

of no phone, no Internet and no cable. And to make matters worse, our cell phones barely get reception at our new house. I have to drive to the end of our driveway and sit in the car to have a decent conversation. It's been an adjustment, but it's actually been good. Our house is pretty much put together and my kids have been playing and playing. I thought it was going to be painful to not have "On Demand" for them, but it's been great. But the cable guy came today and we are once again in touch with the world!!! We have a new phone number to memorize. We haven't had a land line for four months and I'm so excited to have one again. I am not a "cell phone girl." I am constantly loosing my cell phone or I leave it on vibrate and don't hear it. I'm not all that attached to my cell phone at all, so it's good for me to have a "real" phone again!! I need to start taking some pictures again, because I haven't even picked up my camera since Christmas. But I have been busy....

I feel like I'm constantly RUNNING around our new house trying to put stuff away. It is quite disgusting how much stuff we've accumulated over the years, so I have a nice large yard sale pile in the corner of the garage. I have a stack of stuff to sell on ebay and I've set up two different accounts at consignment shops. It's time to simplify a little. I stopped teaching almost five years ago and I still have every single book, classroom decoration and resource that I used during my teaching years. I think it might be time to let some of it go....

McKenna is amazing....she's adjusted to our new living arrangements without so much as a hiccup. She sleeps great and seems to know where everything is and even went down into the basement to play by herself today.

Christian worried me a little, but he's doing great too. He loves his new room and we've set up several tables with trains on them in the basement and he loves having that extra space to play.


Well, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm back! And hopefully a real post with pictures will be coming soon...maybe tomorrow! Don't forget, I haven't blogged about Christmas yet! So much to catch up on!

6 comments:

Christina said...

Glad you are all wired once again :) I must admit I missed reading your updates. I am so happy the move went smoothly but I never had any doubts about that.

Becki S said...

Welcome back! So glad you're settled in and connected again. Can't wait to see pictures of the new house!

millicent said...

yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that you are back! The house is so nice...thanks for having us for a bit last Tues.
I need Amy's address to send Emma a thank you card. If you think of it, send it by email or bring it along to school tomorrow.

Thanks! See you in the AM.
Raeann

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back...we've missed you! Can't wait to see all your pix from Christmas!

Laurie

Sarah Joy said...

I sure have missed you! Welcome back friend!