Sunday, January 17, 2010

Have I mentioned....

...that we've had a little extra pink in our house lately??? We've been having the best time hanging out with "K & K" this past week and they'll be joining us every afternoon for the next couple of weeks. McKenna adores having two girls around to play with. The first words out of her mouth every morning are their names. She wants to know if they're here yet. Christian loves having other kids to play with and I hate to admit it, but I think I'm a better mom the more kids I have. Does that even make sense? For me, I just seem to get more accomplished with the more I have to do. And with a few extra kids around I do a much better job of purposefully reading books, doing crafts and playing games. It's terrible how I have gotten into the habit of letting my own kids sit and watch too much TV, but I would never let someone else's child do that. So it's been a positive change for all of us.
And wasn't it just glorious to have some warmer weather this past week? We were loving it!!! I've got lots of painting plans for this coming week. We'll see how much I actually get done. I have got to take some pictures to show you what I've already done. Painting is a lot of work, but the end result is so worth it!
See ya!

1 comment:

Katy said...

it's always nice to have some extra friends to play with...and by the way, david just asked me if there were plans for another baby chatterton sometime soon...he says you've got a big house and lots of land to fill up now! :)