Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am Speed


I never dreamed when we got a Wii that I would have to limit Christian's time on it or that he would ever become a video game obssessed kid. I didn't think Christian would be able to play games on the Wii independently and we really didn't buy it for him, I bought it for Ryan. BUT I guess I was all wrong. I think it's safe to say that Christian has a slight obsession and I now have to carefully monitor just how much time he spends pretending he's Lightning McQueen.
Case in point:
Christian went to bed last night around 8:15pm. At 10:30 pm he came downstairs to talk to me because he had been thinking about something.
C: Mommy, when can I get a real car. Like the kind of car you can drive on the road?
Me: You have a real car. It's your Powerwheels Jeep.
C: No, I'm talking about a real car that you put gas in and you drive on the road. I want you to buy me one of those.
((And I'm thinking....am I seriously having this conversation with a four year old???))
Me: Well, it's against the law for kids to drive cars.
C: I would be a really good driver. I win in my Lightning McQueen game sometimes.
Me: We are not going to buy you a real car so stop thinking about it. The law says you can't drive until you're 16 and plus cars are too expensive.
C: Are race cars expensive because that's the kind of car I want when I'm 16!
OH great!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Hysterical!!

Katy said...

it's amazing isn't it? my boys are SO good at it - i'm terrible! it's something i the man DNA i think!! just set your boundaries and stick to it - it's a GREAT consequence to take away...very effective! ;)

millicent said...

funny!!!
my kids were like that for a few months, but it eventually got better. They still like to play, but don't think about it 24/7!

Heather said...

wow! I can only imagine how young Ryan "drove" since he was raised on a farm...better warn him not to share any of those stories with Christian!