Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas Morning 2009

Everything was ready and waiting! And we waited and waited for Christian to wake up. I finally woke up the silly boy to tell him it was Christmas morning.
And boy oh boy were they excited!

I resisted and resisted getting the Handy Manny Repair Shop workbench. I thought it cost way too much money for a bench that didn't even come with the tools. But it did come with a zillion pieces for over 30 projects that you can put together and that all sounds very unappealing to me. But Christian couldn't stop talking about it and Christian has the nicest daddy ever who told me to go get it for him. So I found one of the last ones at Target just a few days before Christmas and I don't regret it one bit. You know all those zillions of pieces that I was dreading....well, they actually make some pretty cool stuff and Christian can do it all on his own. It's rather amazing and it's been a great gift.

And this has been a hit as well, with McKenna and every other child who walks in our house.
But the baby doll stroller has been used more than anything else. She actually pushes Christian around the house in it. Ha!


Do you see what Christian is holding? It's the present he wrapped all by himself for his daddy (it hasn't been unwrapped yet...that's just how he wrapped it). He saved one of his baseball Happy Meal toys to give to Ryan and he drew a picture of our family and found one of Ryan's favorite books and wrapped it all up.

Any guesses as to what I gave Ryan for Christmas? Hmmm..I guess you can kind of see in that picture. Let's just say, he was shocked and we all love it! It's going to be a great way for our family to spend time together.



McKenna's cousin Gracey had one of these sofas that turns into a bed and McKenna loved it so much that we decided to get her one.

Love the freckles on that sweet little nose.

Obviously my mom had a pretty big Christmas!


This present was a necessity. It's a radar detector and since it cost about the same amount as one speeding ticket, I'm hoping it will save us some money in 2010. Ryan had some pretty bad luck in 2009. Enough said!
Let's just say, my dad really shocked my mom more than once this Christmas morning!

My mom actually cried when she unwrapped this one. It's a record player that let's you burn your records onto CDs. It should be fun!
---------
It was a merry Christmas all around. My favorite present was definitely my new house! It's starting to really feel like home now! I'll post some pictures soon.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we got to have Christmas together. The excitement from the children was contagious!Love, Grandmom

Katy said...

what fun - you got such great pictures capturing it all!!! ryan got a wii??? all of my boys have been wanting one for so long...i'm just not ready to pull the trigger yet...