Friday, January 8, 2010

The Best Moment from Christmas Morning

He thought we were done with the presents.
We saved it as a surprise for later in the day.
He was SO EXCITED!!!!! I mean, he even climbed onto the box.

And the part that I just love is that as he was opening it he said "I can't breathe" because he was so excited.

And I love it that he didn't fuss when McKenna helped him open it.

And then some more assembling!
-----------
I love giving presents to Christian because he genuinely appreciates them. And he can remember who gave him every single thing that he owns. If someone gave him a shirt, he remembers who it was. And he loves to sit and look at all of our Christmas picture albums and remember the presents people have given him in the past.

P.S. And if you have kids, make sure you've read THIS book because it's helped me figure Christian out so much!!! "Gifts" is one of Christian's love languages.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Judy, It looks like Christian got the Track Master Sodor Steam Works. This was actually the present I gave Austin when we got home from the hospital with Hunter. I wasn't going to but he was so good and I just kept thinking of all he's been through. I laughed when Christian said "I can't breathe" To stall Austin mom told him one day it was too much money so when he opened the bag he was so excited and said "Oh you found the money" It's funny to hear what they say. I am so glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your parents. Having my parents here Christmas morning and then my brothers family here for breakfast made the day much easier.