Thursday, January 14, 2010

Perspective

I definitely could have done without the water pouring out of my ceiling yesterday thanks to our whole house humidifier that we now know doesn't belong up in the attic in the first place.

And then there was the two inches of water I discovered under the sink today when I went to get something out while I was cleaning the stove (the last thing left to clean in this house).


And to add to all that frustration, there were muddy boots carelessly thrown on the floor. You know how it is when one little thing like that can set you over the edge just because of all the other things that have been doing wrong.

----

And probably the most frustrating thing we've been dealing with is COMCAST. It's not so Comcastic around here. They've been to our house THREE times this week and our phone still doesn't work. I can call out (sometimes) but no one can call me. And our cell phone reception is sketchy at best and our internet seems to come and go. SO terribly annoying!!!



And then I see pictures like this. I've heard the cry of mothers on TV and I've seen the horrific pictures of dead people piled up in the streets. Oh God have mercy. Have mercy Jesus on these precious people! I've been thinking about them all day. Praying for them with my children. And I don't feel the slightest bit annoyed right now with the lack of phone service or the bill from the plumber or the newly discovered water under the sink. I'm just thankful that my boy with his muddy boots is safe and happy. And thank you Jesus that I live in this country! That I have clean water and that I don't have to feed my children mud just so that their bellies will feel full. Gratitude to the Lord has been pouring out of my heart all day, right along with my pleading prayers for the people of Haiti! THESE pictures will drive you to your knees.....lets pray and lets keep praying...



"The poor and the needy search for water, but there is none. Their tongues are parched with thirst. But I the Lord will answer them. I will not forsake them." Isaiah 41:17


2 comments:

Millicent said...

If comcast has to come out 3 or more times for the same issue, they give you something free. With cable they gave us 3 months of starz free...not sure what they would do with the phone, but they advertise about this. So ask :)
Sorry you're having so much trouble.

Katy said...

It's true - we have SO much to be thankful...even when we are surrounded by all these inconveniences, we really are SO blessed! Still, I hate all the hassles you are dealing with about the new house - water damage is SUCH a pain! A tree fell in our backyard 2 weeks after we closed on our house - I was so annoyed!