Wednesday, January 27, 2010

An Update...

1. I know, I know...I've been the worst blogger lately. Life is just catching up with me these days. I've just got too much to do and some things just aren't getting done and blogging seems to be one of those things (and Ryan would tell you that laundry is also one of those things). I used to blog during nap time when McKenna would sleep for two hours and Christian would have quiet time by watching a show, but with the addition of two extra kiddos in the afternoons, I just don't have that time anymore. And that's okay because I'm enjoying the craft/homework time that we have instead. I should have taken a picture of the craft we did today because it turned out really cute!
2. Did you know that Abby and Nate and Emma are coming in just two more "sleeps????" Well, that's just about all we can talk about around here. Christian was still awake last night at 10pm when I went in to check on him and I asked him why he was still awake. He told me that he was so excited that Abby & Nate were coming that he couldn't sleep and that he just wanted to scream! Ha! Isn't that hilarious? I don't think I've ever seen him so excited about something. He even has matching outfits all planned out for himself and Nathan.

3. This picture has nothing to do with anything, but I just thought it was funny how she had the box propped up on her foot. She seriously sat there like that for about 10 minutes with her foot up in the air while digging in that cereal box (which quickly turned into a disaster and I'll never let her have an entire box of cereal again!)


4. This is just a sneak peek of the playroom. I love it so far and I did get it painted and put back together by the end of the day on Sunday (which I think is the last time I posted about it). But I can't show you the finished project yet because I just got the lights that I ordered in the mail today. And I just finally got some pictures on the walls, sooooooo You're going to have to wait a little longer to see the entire thing!
5. Who knows how long you'll have to wait. I've got a cold and so does Christian, McKenna and Ryan. Daddy's traveling and I've got the cousins coming this weekend and two birthday party's planned. Emma's turning 9....like I can't even believe I just typed the number nine in the same sentence with Emma's name. And McKenna is turning two very, very soon but we're going to celebrate while the cousins are here this weekend.
6. And speaking of McKenna's birthday.....guess what??? You're all invited to her party and you don't even have to get in your car to drive here, although I would love it if you would! I'm still figuring out the details so I'm going to keep you all in suspense for now, but it's going to be fun!!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could be there in person for McKenna's birthday party. We will definitely have to "re-celebrate" the Twos when I come at the end of the month. McKenna = 2; Caitlin = 22

Have a great time with the cousins. I love Christian's excitement. How sweet!

Thanks for all your prayers. Melinda and Christine are doing okay.

Love ya
Laurie

Katy said...

what a super smart little girl to figure out how to prop the cereal box up like that! and i can just picture exactly what happened with it...