Monday, September 28, 2009

Cousin Time!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much we've missed Abby and Emma!
And Nathan is now Christian's most talked about "best friend."
We were so thankful they could come for a visit, even if it was just for 24 hours!

All the knight gear came out...

Even Abby got in the action.

Imaginations were running wild...

and pretty soon they were off to slay something.

These two were so happy to see each other. Christian went running out to their car as soon as they got here and Nate shouted, "Hey it's my best friend Chrish."

Do you notice anything different about Abby? You guessed it! Two missing teeth!

PopPop and Grandmom joined the party too!

McKenna just loves time with her Grandmom.

Of course we tried for the picture of all five and once again it was a bit of a disaster. It probably would have been decent if McKenna had some pants on, but that's her new thing...she loves to take off her pants and diaper which always creates some interesting times.


I just have to talk about Abby for a minute. She is one of the bravest girls I know! She takes fear and sadness and deals with it in the most mature way. I took the kids to the dentist while they were here and Abby was watching Emma get her teeth cleaned and I could tell she was getting more and more nervous by the minute. She went from standing next to Emma watching it all unfold to practically sitting in my lap, squeezing my hand. But she didn't cry, she didn't say a word about being afraid. She didn't ask to leave. She climbed up in that chair when it was her turn, opened her mouth and squinted her eyes (preparing for the worst). And she did great and was so proud of herself when it was over.
And then it was time for Abby to leave. (That's when I took the above picture). Abby cried her heart out. She loves her Grandmom and PopPop so much. She loves Christian and adores McKenna. She loves being with all of us. She just loves family and I know she feels the same way about the other side of her family too. It was so hard for Abby to leave. She always has a hard time with goodbyes, which makes the rest of us have a terrible time too. But Abby's joy remains ... always! There is a spark in that girl that can't be quenched and I am so thankful for the work Jesus is always doing in her life!
---
Thankfully there are a few big birthdays coming up in October, so we should have some cousin time again pretty soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Abby is like me. I always am so sad when it is time to say good-bye to family. We have such sweet times together. My heart aches sometimes because we are all so far apart distance wise. However, it takes no time at all to get reacquainted when we are together.
Love, Grandmom