Monday, September 7, 2009

"New" Home

I just wanted to take a second to say "hi" and let you know that we have officially moved and things are going pretty smoothly! Tonight is actually our third night in our townhouse and the kids have been sleeping great. We are still living out of boxes, but I feel like we're about 70% organized at this point. We still have about 10 days before we have to be out of our old house, which is good because we haven't packed one thing in the garage and we pretty much have something in every closet. So I'm going to be cleaning the old house and continuing to pack it up this week.

Our town house will be fine for the short term but I'm already looking forward to moving out of here. We just don't have enough space. I have our old freezer (that's rusty looking and used to be in the garage) sitting in the kitchen. Yuck. And we had to pull one of the couches away from the wall to stack stuff behind it. Definitely a new kind of decorating for me :) One of the bathrooms is going to be used for storage. We've filled the tub with boxes and suitcases. So this is definitely temporary, but Christian thinks it's a grand adventure and McKenna just doesn't even know what to think. She's just enjoying having lots of new things to get into and destroy and her FAVORITE thing about our new home is the lack of baby proof cabinets! She thinks that's real fun!

I love being closer to church! It made Sunday so much easier! I love having an ice maker in my fridge (something I've never had before). I love having a second floor laundry room. So there are some good things about this move. See, I'm trying to be positive!! I'm not even going to mention the ants. Nope, not going to mention them and their pesky presence.

We did get to have a little fun this weekend at a pool party with some friends. We didn't have time to do it, but we did it anyway. We needed a time out and it was great!

On a completely different note I have to mention that....Tomorrow my nieces Hannah and Elizabeth are going to Kindergarten! I'm so excited and cry just thinking about it. They're my brother's sweet twin girls who were born prematurely and they spent quite awhile in the NICU and now they're going to school. God has brought them so far and protected them from so much! Their tiny little 3lb bodies are a testimony to the all powerful, all knowing, loving, King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Jesus Christ!! He is so worthy of all our praise and especially for how far he's brought those girls!! Okay, I'm crying now!

I hope you had a very fun weekend!! What did you do??



P.S. I almost forgot to mention that we no longer have a home phone. Ryan and I will just be using our cell phones for the next couple months. Let me know if you need our numbers!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are settling in to your new surroundings and I'm very glad to hear that the children are adjusting well.
I talked to Tim tonight and he said it is like Christmas at their house, the twins are so excited about going to school. He said they are actually more excited about riding the school bus. Fortunately the ride is only about ten minutes. We all know how much trouble kids can get into on a long bus ride. Our precious twins are growing up! Adam has his surgery on Wednesday and we covet prayers for him.
Love, Grandmom

Anonymous said...

We don't have your cell numbers. If you would pass them on...it would be great.

Thanks!
Raeann

Millicent said...

That is awesome that you guys can move over a few weeks instead a few days!!
I don't have your cell :)

the mccollums... said...

yeah for new places...ah, I'm sure you are looking forward to finally getting settled!