Sunday, September 13, 2009

Feeling Old...

Well, it's official!! I feel old! I just filled out one of those Scholastic Book orders for my son. Hello? Is he actually old enough to be doing that? I remember begging my parents to buy me books from one of those fliers when I was in school and now the tides have turned.

Oh and I don't think I've mentioned yet that I have a few streaks of silver in my hair (truth be told, it's more than a few streaks). Yes, indeedy I do. I sulked around about it for about three days and then decided it didn't matter anyway since I've been coloring my hair for years. Now I just need to actually do a good job when I color my hair. I think some people just have it in their genes to go gray early and go gray fast. Unfortunately, I think I fit in that category.

I think this old girl needs a nap :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did the same book order on wed we got the I spy phonics books.
Lindsey

Jenn said...

i looove scholastic book orders! we even do them with my toddler class at the Y. children love books and it's def a good investment to their growing and knowledge of learning.

Amber said...

Girl... I'm so right there with you on a little silver spot :)

Heather said...

Gray? I plan to never know when and if I go gray since I keep enough haircolor on my hair! Hang in there...remember, I'll always be older than you!

Katy said...

girl, i've got more than a few streaks. i'm going to have to start coloring too i suppose. i'd really love blonde hightlights again, but i don't know if i trust david to do it. and i LOVE those book orders. you can get lots of great books for free, and then you're supporting his teacher too! :)