Wednesday, September 2, 2009

PreSchool Practice

Christian got to practice going to preschool today. I say practice because I got to stay :) He was only there for an hour and it was great. He was a little shy at first but it definitely helped that his friend Carter (the boy to the left of Christian in the white shirt) was there who Christian knows from church. We have been talking about Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Crouse (his teachers) for weeks now and how much Christian is going to love them and when we got in the car to go home Christian said, "I thought you loved my teachers. You said we're just going to love Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Crouse." And I told him that of course I love his teachers. And he responded, "Then why didn't you hug them when you saw them." Ha! I hope Mrs. Miller and Mrs. Crouse are going to be ready for a hug next week! Christian definitely takes his cues from me, so I probably should give them a hug. I think it will make him feel good about the whole preschool situation. He got to paint which is one of his favorite things! And he decided that we need to give preschool some trains because they don't have very many! Sounds good to me, we have too many.

I was so thrilled that he didn't hang on my leg. He did what the teacher told him to do and got involved when it was called for! It was a great start to what is going to be a fabulous first year of school.


2 comments:

Christine said...

How exciting for Christian! I am so glad that he had a great "practice" day. It makes it so much easier (especially for us Moms) when that goes smoothly. I cannot believe that he is already starting preschool. Time really flies!!!

Good luck!
Christine

Jenn said...

great fun on his practice day of school! looks like you might be having the harder transition with christian going to preschool like a big boy!!