Monday, August 27, 2012

1st Grade

First Day of School 2012-2013!

He did great this morning. Last night was a different story.
He was a nervous mess, but just needed to be reminded that he has a "secret weapon" that he can use at any time and that's prayer. I'm so proud of the man he's becoming because he "gets it." He really does understand that Jesus is with him and can help him when he needs it.

Sending him to school is hard for me. I want to protect him and be there to help him, but I know that's not what's best for him. It's good for him to have adversity and to learn how to deal with it now. It's good for him to be learning right now to rely on Jesus and not on mommy to solve his problems. It's good for him to have a little stress and figure out how to deal with things on his own.

I have some reservations about this year, but he doesn't know that. And every time I tell him that "we prayed for the right teacher and we prayed for a great year and now we're going to have faith and trust Jesus" ... I'm really speaking to myself.

I miss him so much, but I know he's going to get off the bus with a smile!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Judy...
Praying that Christian has a great year this year. I can't believe he's already in first grade!!!

Also, praying for sweet McKenna as she learns to adjust to having her buddy gone all day.

Enjoy your special time with just McKenna and Will!!

Laurie