Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

 Alright, I forgot to actually put the numbers on this collage, but I'm sure you can figure it out. 1-3 are across the top, 4-6 across the middle from L to R, etc.

1. Christian's kindergarten class sent him a card. He read it several times. It meant a lot to him.
2. I spent a LOT of time snuggling my boy who wanted to be held non-stop. If you know Christian, you know that this is completely out of character for him.
3. On day three we colored some pictures together with the brand new crayons and coloring book Uncle Tim & Auntie Erin sent.
4. He really was happy about his balloon and stuffed animal from his cousins Hannah, Elizabeth and Adam. He was NOT, however, happy about getting his picture taken.
5. This crib was in our room on the other side of the curtain. The whole time we were there I was worried we were going to have to share a room with a sick baby. Christian was worried that they were going to make me sleep in there!
6. This is the teddy bear that Christian named "Hugger" from Mimi, Em, Abby & Nate!
7. First meal!!! WooHoo!! Apparently the hospital thought scrambled eggs would be a good idea after not eating for 4 days. That would not have been my choice, but you don't really get a choice.
8. Seriously?? Why on earth do places either have to be Pepsi or Coke. Why can't they just have both? Okay, I know why but that Diet Pepsi was just annoying. 
9. Hanging out with Daddy.

Look at that smile! So excited to go home and even more excited to get that IV out of his hand!!!!

Christian slept for 14 hours straight last night. I finally woke him up to make him drink something. He's done so well today. He doesn't have a ton of energy, but his appetite is back. He's been eating lots of little meals today, but after every meal he gets really bad stomach cramps and feel pretty miserable again. So we're getting there. His tummy just needs to adjust to having food again. He is dying for some Papa John's pizza. It's just about all he can talk about, so I think we might get some tommorrow.

Thank you so much for your prayers.
It brings tears to my eyes every time I think of each of you lifting my little boy's name before the Lord.
We are certainly blessed to be surrounded by the body of Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that Christian is feeling better!!! How sweet that his class sent him a card. Thanks for the updates!

Laurie