Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall Tradition

Apple picking in September is one of my most favorite traditions. This year we almost missed it because September just seemed to fly by and I almost forgot. But I'm so glad we went. The weather cooled down just in time, so it actually felt like fall.

This is the first year that I didn't have to remind anyone not to pick up apple off the ground to take home(although I did have to remind the boys not to throw apples at each other! ha!).  Most of the red apples were gone so we picked lots of Golden Delicious apples and I must say...my apple pie was pretty delicious today.

Unfortunately things ended rather abruptly on a sad note. I guess that's just part of apple picking. There were tons of rotten apples on the ground that the yellow jackets were enjoying.
Happy Fall y'all!

No comments: