Friday, November 19, 2010

My week of insanity

I don't think I could have had a more exhausting week. Now granted, I brought it all on myself. But I decided to just wear myself out now, so I can enjoy the holidays later!

After spending 12 days by myself with these two, I was thrilled when Ryan walked in the door Sunday night! We really had a great 12 days, but we did have more discipline problems than usual and I had to deal with taking out the trash (which is a big deal for me when I'm preggo...it makes me throw-up). But I didn't feel like I was loosing my mind too often. We just ate lots of lunchables and cereal!
And when Ryan got home we jumped right into this!!! Now before you get all over my case about decorating for Christmas too early...you might remember that last year we pretty much skipped Christmas. We had one tiny tree in our temporary townhouse and that was it. So this year we decided to decorate early so we could enjoy it for awhile and I've learned to take advantage of any energy I might actually have while I'm pregnant. I'm thankful that we're almost done decorating so we can travel for Thanksgiving and come home to a house that's ready for Christmas!

McKenna loved hanging her ornaments.

And so did Christian.

Here's the little princess who shows up at our house just about everyday!
She wanted to be a princess for Daddy when he got home!
And she gave him her "elephant," which is really a moose, but whatever!
Love this fancy girl!
So Monday Ryan worked late so we met him up by his work for dinner. Not the welcome home I was hoping for, but we were just happy to see him at all.


Tuesday we had another ultrasound of "little boy." He seems to be perfect! I drank a little Mountain Dew before this ultrasound to make sure he would be moving around and that did the trick! He was a tiny little ball of energy. We actually got some great pictures this time, so I'll have to post those later. He still doesn't have a name, although Ryan has been calling him "Will." I'm not so sure that's actually what we've decided. It's not my first, second or third choice, so we'll see.


And then there was Wednesday. I told Ryan awhile ago that all I wanted for Christmas was a new light in our foyer. Our existing light was this huge glass and gold fixture that has had a nerf football stuck in it since last February. The ceiling in our foyer is (no joke) 20 ft high. The light was 14ft off the ground. We tried lots of precarious things to get that football out of there and were continually unsuccessful. We also couldn't change the bulbs or clean the glass, so I found it very frustrating. We could have bought a new ladder, but I priced them and that would have cost about $250. So I just wanted a new light. On Wednesday they came to install it. They set up this huge scaffolding and then realized that the chain that held the light was too short. So being the professional electricians that they are, they decided to leave the scaffolding there until Friday. It blocked the front door, made it hard to get up the steps and the kids had to crawl under it to get to the playroom. I was a little ticked that they were just going to leave it there, until I had a brilliant thought. I had been wanting to paint the sparkled ceiling in that foyer for almost a year and we had never been able to paint the foyer because we needed scaffolding to do it.
I know, I know I'm pregnant, but this was a huge opportunity I had to take advantage of!
So on Thursday, my incredibly amazing friend came over and we spent the next 8 hours painting. I was supposed to take McKenna to the ENT for an appointment we had scheduled six months ago, but you know...I have my priorities.

The sparkles are gone and so are the white walls. Oh happy day!!
For the record, I did NOT climb on the scaffolding. That's what friends are for! ha! I may have perched myself at the top of a ladder a time or two, but for the most part my feet were firmly planted on the ground. I could barely move this morning! But it was sooooooo worth it. Merry Christmas to me! I'm thrilled and we should be able to reach the lightbulbs in this light to change them.
This morning, Friday, I spent the morning at preschool helping Christian's teachers and tonight we are heading to one of our most favorite events of the year!!! Our town is holding it's annual tree lighting. We'll see how many people show up this year. Our local high school football team is also undefeated right now and there is a home game, so it's a big night for our little town!


3 comments:

Heather said...

Good for you for getting so much done and decorating early!...especially if you're going out of town for Thanksgiving. I believe in decorating earlier than later so you can actually relax and enjoy the Holiday season! I love the new light fixture, looks great! The nerf ball stuck in the old one cracks me up...that's real life!

Holly said...

If we ever have a boy (not sure if we're even going to try for #3, but if we do), we would name him William and call him Will. My dad's name is William and it is a name that Steve and I agree on. We've been "keeping" it for years (as God thinks that girls are best for our family!) but I think Will is such a great name. Just my two cents.

Millicent said...

I am so, so, so glad that you got the sparkles taken care of (even though I thought they were quite pretty!) and the football is down.
Your tree is fabulous!! Have a great time tonight!