Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ultrasound #2



You already know that we're having a boy, but beyond that I haven't told you much about this baby or his ultrasound. Well, the day after the big ultrasound I got a phone message from one of the nurses in my OB practice and she said to please call her to discuss my ultrasound.

Are you kidding me??? You never leave a message like that for a pregnant girl to listen to. My mind automatically jumped to the worst conclusions and my heart rate immediately went up. Thankfully when I called back the first words out of her mouth were "your baby is fine" but I have to have another ultrasound. The little boy did not cooperate for the ultrasound tech. to get all the pictures that she needed. We're missing the all important spine picture and they need to check the blood flow in the umbilical cord (I didn't ask too many questions about that...hopefully they just couldn't see it the first time and there's not actually a problem). They also couldn't see my ovary were I have a suspected cyst. They still don't think they'll be able to see it since the baby is pretty much in the way at this point, but they want to look in that general area to see if it looks like anything has changed.

So next week we get to peek at this little guy again and I'm hoping for some better pictures this time. He must have been sleeping when we did the last ultrasound because he wasn't moving at all. I made them show me the heartbeat, just so I knew he was okay. He did wiggle his arms and hands by the end of our appointment, but I think he's just a quiet little guy (which is a big change for us around here). I don't feel a lot of movement during the day and Ryan has yet to feel him move. Maybe I'm just too busy to feel him moving around!


3 comments:

Katy said...

they always told me that the more active/busy I was, the more the motion seemed to keep the babies calm - it's like constant rocking for them. i can understand your heart jumping at that message though - that's crazy! you'll be glad to get to see the little guy again though!

Christine said...

Judy I'm so excited that you're having another baby!!

I'm praying that God keeps you and the baby very healthy all the way to the end (and beyond of course) :)

Heather said...

That is quite a stressful phone call, but I doubt they would have let you leave if there were any concerns or questions. Another peek at baby is never a bad thing! Ask them to double check the gender....I always ask for a confirmation at all my ultrasounds and I had ALOT with my two kids!