Friday, November 5, 2010

12 Days

Do to a series of ill timed events that is exactly how long my husband is going to be gone. Boo hoo! He travels a decent amount, but it usually doesn't last for longer that four days. This time I'm finding it a little overwhelming, especially because it's involving weekends. I guess it doesn't help that I started to feel the pregnancy yuckies again yesterday. So I took some of my "keep me from throwing-up" pills and then I couldn't even see straight I was so tired.

And then this morning there was a boy crying because of lost match-box car.
When his sister wouldn't help him find it he pushed her.
Then there was a ton of fake crying from the girl.
The boy was almost late for school and the girl cried the whole way there because one of her shoes fell off.
And it was one of those mornings where it could have been so defeating, but my savior was faithful and so real to me in those moments and I do believe I didn't even yell once :) Only time will tell if that sort of divine patience will last for the entire 12 days of Ryan's absence. Don't count on it.

For some unknown reason I thought that making homemade playdough would be a good distraction for us today. Apparently I am not so good at homemade playdough and it resulted in a nasty sticky mess that I let them play with anyway.

This evenings plans include making snickerdoodle cookies (they should turn out better than the playdough because I actually do know what I'm doing) and we're going to build giant towers out of all the block we own. Hmmmm....that doesn't sound like it's going to take up the entire evening so I might have to think of some more stuff for us to do.

I've thought about scheduling tons of playdates for this coming week to help the time go by quickly, but I also just want to hang out in my pjs and do nothing. I've thought about decorating for Christmas. That would be fun and something new to do and the kids and I would both be excited about it, but it's a little early. Has anyone out there in blog land started decorating for Christmas yet???? I'm about to seriously consider it, but I just need to know that there's at least one other crazy Christmas person out there :)

Oh my, so anyway...if you think of us over the next few days please pray that God's grace will abound in my home and in our hearts. My brother left on a mission trip to India today. He's going to gone about as long as Ryan, so pray that he has a safe and prosperous time and that his wife has the wisdom and strength she needs to hold down things at home. And let's all make sure we take a moment to pray for all the brave moms/dads who have spouses deployed overseas. This is a tough season for them and they're single parents for a lot longer than 12 days.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I have not decorated yet, but I have a friend who has tree and all.
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Judy,

I totally understand b/c we are gearing up ourselves for Kevin to be gone. At any rate, how about I take your kids Tues once mine are home from school for awhile. You can get somethings done, grocery shop, lay down for a nap, whatever you want. Let me know your thoughts.

Rae

Katy said...

ugh - i know the feeling when you're on your own that long and pregnant - that was me about a year and a half ago! not fun!! i'm all about staying in your jammies a little bit, letting the kids eat frozen pizza for dinner, and watching a movie! i sort of am a nazi about not decorating for christmas until after thanksgiving, but it would certainly be a distraction for you! here's a better distraction - make a road trip down to SC and visit me!!! :)

Millicent said...

oh my--I hope you make it okay!! We should meet up at CFA sometime!