Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My little one pounder :)

I had a great doctor's appointment today! The actual visit was quick and easy (if you don't count how long I sat in the waiting room). My little guy is officially 23 1/2 weeks old and he weighs just over 1 lb!! How cute is that? I have never thought to ask how much he actually weighs when I've been given an ultrasound report before. So today I asked :)

I read a story on CNN.com about a baby who was born at 23 weeks. She didn't even weigh a pound yet and she survived. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I would never, ever want to have a baby born at 23 weeks, but there is some comfort in the fact that babies do survive when they're that tiny.

I'll have to post pictures another time!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Steve's sister had her son at 23 weeks. He survived as well. That was 12 years ago and he was one of the youngest babies born at the Mayo Clinic to survive. He does have some serious, long term issues (he's blind and has some severe learning delays), but he also has some amazing talents (he's very musically gifted and he plays the piano). He's here and he lived...Amazing, isn't it?

But try to keep that little bambino of yours safe and sound and in your belly for about three more months or so, okay???

Heather said...

Glad to hear it was a good appt and the "pounder" is doing well! We'll pray for him to stay put at least another 14-15 more weeks!