Monday, October 5, 2009

Race for Education

Last week Christian participated in a fundraiser for his school called "Race for Education." He had to walk or run around the track as many times as he could and he was worn out by the time it was over!

I lost count at 21 laps, but I think he went 23 which is amazing!
I think this little guy did the most laps! There was a trophy for whoever ran the most laps and Carter was determined to win and I think he was successful! He passed Christian many times :)


Thank you to everyone who donated to Christian's school for the Race for Education. I'm not sure if they'll give me a list of who donated or not, so that makes it kind-of hard to thank people! So THANK YOU if you did give! You're a blessing and trust me, your donation went to a wonderful Christian school who works so hard at educating these little treasures! Do you know how much I love it when Christian begs to pray at dinner time because he's learned a new prayer at school??!!
And if you didn't get a mailer about it that's because I always feel bad doing fundraising stuff so I mainly sent the mailers to family. This is the only fundraiser the school does, so that makes me feel better. And I'm always thankful to not have to sell wrapping paper or candy :)


2 comments:

Katy said...

we did something like this growing up - called the jogathon. then i remember one of my mom's piano students asked her to sponsor her (people could donate per lap), and so my mom said she'd give $5 a lap...thinking the little girl would only do a few laps. She ended up doing 20-something and mom was SHOCKED (and broke)! :)

Anonymous said...

We do the Race for Education at my school too. IT is a really good way to raise money. Looks like Christian had fun!

Wendy