Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hair Help!!


McKenna is such a cutie. She loves shoes and purses and is such a girly girl. But she has some issues...



...hair issues. She looks like this about 80% of the time.

She will not keep any kind of hair clip or pony tail in her hair. I've had lots of people tell me to use those tiny little rubber bands...so I've done that and she ends up ripping out huge chunks of hair. It's awful and then she crys and I feel bad that I put it in her hair in the first place.

Her hair really looks cute when it's pulled back and I really want it to grow out. I love her without bangs, but is it worth it? We're getting so close to the point where it's long enough that she'll be able to tuck it behind her ear (like she'll ever do that).

Look how cute that face is right after a bath!!
So what do I do???? Should I just get some bangs cut?? Should I continue to try to let it grow out and just let her look messy in the meantime???
Seriously, I want to know what you would do!!
Ryan and I are divided!!
He asks me when we're going to cut it everyday.
I constantly go back and forth about it!
So leave a comment or vote on the sidebar.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

let it grow! bailey's was the SAME way...and i stuck it out and now i LOVE it!

Heidi said...

I didn't want to cut Addie's but I finally gave in because I couldn't stand how she looked messy all the time. I did just a little bit of bangs and left some longer stuff to pull over to the side, but if she won't leave a clip in then that might not work. Good Luck with the decision. :)

Katy said...

that's tricky - i'm letting callie's grow to all be one length, but it is annoying. mckenna's hair looks like it's thinner - so maybe bangs would be better for a while???? oh the dilmenas!

Anonymous said...

I just perserved with Cait when she was little. Used the tiny orthodontic bands for her fine hair. Keep it up...it's worth it.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

I just perserved with Cait when she was little. Used the tiny orthodontic bands for her fine hair. Keep it up...it's worth it.

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Let it grow! I see 8 and 9 year old girls who are fighting with grwoing out the bangs....

Wendy

Anonymous said...

I would say leave it I'm not a big fan of bags, plus I think it will make her look very grown up. Now I'm sure ME will tell u differnt, because she is always trying to get me to cut Gracey's hair. It still hasn't been done. Now Gracey does need some layers, but bangs NO, so I would say stick it out. I have for 4 years now and love that she can tuck it back.
Lindsey

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am going to go against the popular vote and say cut it. It will look fuller and be easier to manage if you cut it. I resisted cutting my girl's hair because it took so long to grow in (she was a baldy baby) but it looked so much better when I had it cut. Once it starts growing in it will come in fast and then you can start growing out the bangs if you want.

Think about all the time you are spending trying to get her to keep a bow or rubber band in her hair, it is just not worth the hassle at this age. Give her an easy cute haircut and dress her in girly clothes and you won't need to worry about bows in her hair.

She is a super cutie anyway but think you will all be less stressed out if you just cut her hair!

Holly said...

It's a hard thing, but if she won't leave the pony tail holders in, then I say cut it. There's no way she'll leave it tucked behind her ear. Ellie's hair is so long and she wakes up every morning looking like "Cousin It." She can't see through her hair. I try to tuck it behind her ear or style it out of her face, but the only way to keep it out of her face is with a pony tail or a clip. If I couldn't keep those in Ellie's hair, I would definitely have to cut bangs. I'm sorry...I know this isn't what you wanted to hear! I can't wait to see what you decide. And remember...she is a beautiful girl no matter what hair style she has!

Amy said...

I'd go with cut it, for now. I have a very distinct memory of Abby cutting her own bangs while I was growing them out, because she was annoyed with them. And we're still dealing with 2 layers of bangs, trying to fix it. Now, I know McK probably can't do that to herself, but you never know what her helpful older brother might do! When she's old enough to understand about barrettes and pony tails, like when she's three, then try to grow it out.

But seriously, she's adorable anyway! I LOVE that first picture of her....so grown up!