Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Nate Turns 4

Yikes...there's only an hour and 8 minutes left of Nathan's birthday. I almost didn't get this post up in time and really it doesn't include the pictures I want. I'm working on limited computer resources down here in Alabama! But I just had to wish one of my favorite boys ever a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Christian got to talk to his "best friend" on the phone tonight (thankfully Nathan didn't mention that he was actually in the middle of a birthday party that we were missing...oh there would have been tears if Christian knew that). Anyway Nathan was very excited about a new dinosaur, and a Handy Manny toolbox and a few other grand things. Christian was just excited to talk to Nate which is suprising since Christian is NOT a phone person.
I tried to come up with a few pictures of Nathan as a baby and this is what I found. That's Nate in Emma's arms all the way on the right.

And this picture was taken at the hospital (where else would you find purple chairs) just two hours after Nathan was born. Emma was so excited to hold her new brother! She was born to be a big sister. She does it so well and Nathan is so blessed to have her!
~~
Dear Nate,
It's hard for me to not cry thinking about your sweet face and that strawberry birthmark on your forehead that's now faded and your stunning brown eyes. I miss you terribly and I love you so, so much! You are such a cuddler. I loved it when you moved closer because I finally had someone to cuddle everyday. My favorite memories of you were when I would lay you down for your nap everyday and I would pray for you and rub your back and most of the time you would fall asleep as I prayed. Such sweet times. I am so thankful for those days I got to share with you and all the delight you brought my life! You have a special place in Uncle Ry's heart too. I think you might win the award for most nicknames. Uncle Ryan is still coming up with new ones for you. And remember when you used to like to pull ears as your comfort thing when you were a baby?? I think Uncle Ry secretly really liked that. He would always sit next to you and lean his head over so you could reach his ear. And Christian absolutely says your his BEST FRIEND and I think McKenna might think you're another big brother for her. She loves you too!! We can't wait to see you. I'm glad you're feeling better now so we can come see you soon!!
Love you bunches!!
Happy Birthday!
Love, Uncle Ry, Auntie Judy, Chrish and Kenna


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nate is such a sweet boy!!! Can't believe he's already 4 years old! We were just talking about how he rubbed ears...such fond memories of Mr. Nate

Happy Birthday Nate.

Katy said...

i can't believe he's already turned 4! He was just a baby when he came to your house!!! I'm glad Christian got to talk with him for a bit...and hope your road trip is a success so far! :)

Christine said...

I remember Nate more as that tiny baby than that grown-up 4-year-old. What a sweet boy he is.

Happy birthday Nate! :)