Thursday, November 15, 2012

What a fun morning

Today was teeth cleaning day for me.
No big deal right??
It should take 20 minutes and I'll be outta there.
So I took Will and McKenna with me.
I always think it's good for McKenna to see me get my teeth cleaned. It helps her to be calmer when it's her turn.
I figured Will would just eat a snack and play on my cell phone. I was prepared.
A purse full of cars and snacks = happy boy!

WRONG!
It was horrible.
It didn't even cross my mind that Will would be terrified of the hygienist.
As soon as she put her little face mask on, he started screaming and he was not going to stop.
I could not get him settled down. I offered to cancel the appointment and reschedule, but they had already started.
So another hygienist came and took Will out to the waiting room and babysat him.
I felt so embarrassed.

To top it off, I have 7 cavities.
What on earth???
Okay, so I'm a lame flosser, but seven cavities????
I thought they were joking.
My sister pretty much never goes to the dentist and she never gets cavities.
Annoyed with her right now. ha!
My kids are pretty much doomed. Ryan had a mouth full of cavities a few weeks ago too.
I promise we do brush our teeth around here.
And apparently I'm going to be more diligent about flossing too.
Do you people floss every day? Don't answer that...you probably do.

As we were leaving the office McKenna says "When can we come back here? They have nice babysitters."
Ugh...I don't know if I can ever show my face in that place again.
Oh that's right...December 20th...Merry Christmas to me....my appoint is going to be 1.5 hours long.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh, Judy sorry to hear about your trip to the dentist, but don't feel bad I just went and took my son Blake and it didn't go as planned either. This was Blake's
2nd trip and he wanted me to go
1st mainly to play with his leapster. When I was about finished he was kinda "hiding". Then I realized he had peed his pants! To top it off this, mother of the year...haha, didn't have a change of clothes. I offered to reschedule but they said if he's okay we will just put a blanket down. Blake has never had an accident outside of the house so I felt terrible and he was sad. I sure hope we don't go to the same dentist or they may ban our area from coming:)LOL
Your neighbor: Sara