Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day!

Christian came home from school today with this super cool poster that he made.
Check out the spelling of "amazing." Love it!!!
He also said, "Mom, I hope you voted for Romney because somebody told me that if Obama wins he's going to make us go to school on the weekends."
Hilarious! Don't worry, I set the record straight on that one. It was a good teachable moment about how you can't believe everything you hear.

P.S. I have a feeling I'm the only person in the world who cried when they were voting today. I got my ballot (we have paper ones around here) and McKenna and Will were with me. So I took a minute to show McKenna the ballot and explain how I had to color in the circle next to the person I was voting for. And the next thing I know I can hardly get out the words as I was telling her that lots of people in other countries don't get to have a choice. And then I was totally crying as I told her how important it is to always make sure we vote in every single election because it's a great privilege. She said "Okay mom, I will." Then she started pushing Will around in his stroller while I dug for a tissue in my purse.

No comments: