Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Now he's ready....

for his big Indiana Jones birthday bash next week!

Now if only his mom were ready!!!

It's going to be cool! Complete with a crocodile creek, eye ball soup, an archaeological dig and they'll be rescuing para troopers from trees. Very cool and also a lot of work. He's already been informed that there will not be a party next year.



How do you handle the whole birthday party thing?? I just don't think kids need a friend party every year, but somehow we seem to end up having one anyway for Christian. Last year it was just one friend and 3 cousins, this year it's only slightly bigger but still a lot of expense and hassle. This is a fun party to plan this time around, so I don't mind. I just wish Ryan was going to be home to help me with it. I think he's going to be out of town. Bummer (do people still even use that word??) Next year I told him we're going to do something fun instead like go to an amusement park with just McKenna or Nathan (I have a feeling I know who he'll pick out of that pair)!

5 comments:

the mccollums... said...

Oh my goodness....I love this pic! he is getting SO big and grown up! I didn't even know kids still watched Indiana Jones...I remember being afraid of it. :) I hope you get some comments because I would also love knowing how to handle birthday parties. Poor Maryn's bday is RIGHT after all the holidays...I'm sure everyone and everyone's mother and budget will be over gift-giving by her birthday each year. I might have to celebrate half-birthdays with her. :) I like your idea of amusement park celebrations!

the mccollums... said...

Oh my goodness....I love this pic! he is getting SO big and grown up! I didn't even know kids still watched Indiana Jones...I remember being afraid of it. :) I hope you get some comments because I would also love knowing how to handle birthday parties. Poor Maryn's bday is RIGHT after all the holidays...I'm sure everyone and everyone's mother and budget will be over gift-giving by her birthday each year. I might have to celebrate half-birthdays with her. :) I like your idea of amusement park celebrations!

Holly said...

Oh girl...I use bummer all the time. But then, I did graduate high school (and college!) in the 90s! I love the whole birthday party theme and I do think that birthdays should be special. Some day, our kiddos may be half way across the country and we won't be able to celebrate with them, so enjoy it(and their love of Indiana Jones) while you can! But..with that being said, I have decided to cut back next year, because we did two parties and a dinner at a Hibatchi restaurant, which is just wayyyy too much for one little five year old!

millicent said...

a few years ago we decided that friend parties would be every other year. Except I didn't alternate between the kids so we'll have 2 back-to-back!

Sarah Joy said...

So I think you know we alternate years as well in our house after then turn 5. Until their 5th birthday they get real big bashes every year then once they go to school it all comes crashing down. At six we begin doing the every other year thing and my boys are on opposite schedules so Ri partied hardy this year and Regs gets a friend date to somewhere fun. Scotty is still 4 so he parties every year.
We are also stopping party favors... big trend setter!
Christian's party sound awesome and I may steal that one sometime... we have baseball themed parties every year... getting old! This year they both did their favorite teams instead of generic baseball.