Thursday, May 26, 2011

It's "Fireworks Season"

Yikes...don't drop him! Okay, so the pictures in this post have nothing to do with what I'm writing about...but posts with pictures are always better!!


So "Fireworks Season" is upon us.

It can also be referred to as "single parent season."

So far so good!

My biggest challenge this year is getting the grass mowed.

I know that must sound silly but we have almost 3 acres that we need to keep mowed and it is terribly hard to do with a baby in the house. And I'm just not the kind of girl who can just "let it go." So Christian has officially become the babysitter. I get Will down for a nap and then hand Christian the monitor and tell him to listen while I mow. Then he comes out to get me when he hears crying. It's working out pretty well as long as I don't leave McKenna in the house with him. Those two...ugh...I'll leave that for another post.


At bedtime last night McKenna asked me where Daddy was.
I explained that he was still at work and she said,
"I miss his face. I never get to see his face."
Bless her heart. It was so sad.
She loves her daddy so much and I know that her daddy misses her.
I let her call daddy anytime she wants to. She loves to dial his number and can almost do it by herself. Today she called him to tell him about her pretty dress and about the scrap on her knee.


Ryan is going to be gone for an extended period of time coming up here pretty soon and
while this time is challenging for our family we are very thankful for his job and for the company he works for.
About a month ago his company went through some difficult changes that directly affected Ryan's job and it was STRESSFUL. I think there were a few nights when I barely slept! We had to make some very difficult decisions but those times of testing when you're just wishing God would speak in a audible voice are always a time of growth and it was good for us.


Make sure you buy some TNT Fireworks this season!
And keep praying that I survive until July 5th!


No comments: