Saturday, May 14, 2011

#6 Takes the Field

Let me preface this post by telling you that we are going to be spending lots of time playing t-ball this spring. Lots! So I'm going to do one big long post all about Christian's first game and then after this I will not be posting his every move on the field. I'll just let you know about the highlights. In fact, we've had three games now and I've only taken my camera to one of them.
McKenna and Daddy are Christian's biggest fans!


And there's #6!


Notice, there's not a ball in his hand. He just stands there in the outfield and practices throwing. cute!


Now here's some real action!




Number 6 is up to bat!


There was a swing and a miss and then.....


it's outta there!


Heading from first to second...

Tagging the base!


On second.


This is the second sport Christian has played and once again I find myself being very impressed. It does my heart good to see so many dads being involved. The coaches are actually really teaching the kids some skills, which I think would be challenging with 5 and 6 year olds, but the entire team is improving. Last night Christian hit the ball without the tee on the very first pitch each time he was up to bat. I scared poor Will last night because I was screaming so loud (yes I am "that" mom). It's hard for Ryan to get to his games these days, but he hasn't missed one yet. And Grandmom and PopPop got to see Chrish play for the first time last night. It's so much fun. Good thing I've got two boys and years of baseball ahead of me :)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love being able to share in Christian's sports. It is great to have someone to cheer for again. Grandmom

Katy said...

i love the picture of him practicing throwing...without a ball! :) I think you're right - many years of baseball ahead of you...especially if Ryan has anything to say about that! :)

Christine said...

He looks so big and grown up, yet cute and little on the field. Not sure how that happened, but it's adorable :)