Tuesday, May 11, 2010

So Proud!


This handsome duo had a preschool concert the other night. Christian and his buddy Carter were looking pretty sharp and they did such an awesome job!
Now let me give you a little background info here....I love music. It's always been a big part of my life. I love to sing, etc. So it was pretty disappointing to me that I ended up with a little boy who asked me to "be quiet" whenever I would sing. He didn't like for me to sing to him at bedtime. And he never let me teach him any cute songs when he was a baby. (Thankfully McKenna is the complete opposite. My word that girl can sing).

And then there was preschool and much to my delight this little musical boy showed up. He gets soooo into singing. He was stomping his foot to a song so loud one time during the Grandparent's Day presentation that his teacher had to speak to him in the middle of the program. ha! A little piece of me wanted to say "Excuse me...please let him stomp to his hearts delight." But it was drowning out all the singing :)

His spring concert was delightful. It lasted all of (2) songs, but I loved it! Loved the smile on his face.

I loved the spark in his eye and the stomp in his step. It was the best!

He was so handsome and listened so well to his teacher. Preschool this year has been wonderful for him. We are so thankful for his teachers and thankful for all the learning he's done.

And here's a little video of him singing. The quality isn't that great. I was zooming in so far that the camera had a hard time staying focused, but you get the idea.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Katy said...

man - even in the still pictures you can TOTALLY see that he was singing his heart out! i LOVE it!! does your church have children's choirs? he would LOVE it now that the singer in him has been released! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it! You can see the joy on his face. Way to go Christian!!!

Laurie

Sarah Joy said...

Love seeing that post! Way to go Christian!