Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Our Year of Moving

I feel like I've been moving or moving someone for the past year. Seriously...we put our house on the market in March of 2009 and we immediately started packing you know, just to stage the house...but we quickly had an entire storage unit full of stuff.


---
Then my sister, Amy, moved away in June of 2009. So I spent time packing at her house.


-----
Then we sold our house in August of 2009 and moved into a rental in September.


----
Then we moved from our rental into our new house in December. As you can imagine, moving the week of Christmas was quite daunting. I don't even have one picture to document it. I barely have pictures of Christmas.


----
Then my parents moved from their home of 40 years in February Talk about daunting....

So Ryan assembled this grand crew to help!

That's my dad lifting up the powerlines so the truck could fit under them. I told you it was daunting :)

And loading a motorcycle with a dead battery was quite the task.

And then there were lots of projects like this one.
Whew...
-----
So my parents moved into our house in early March and guess what we've been doing now for the last two weeks.
-----
We're moving them again!
Tonight is their first night in their new home. I'm so excited for them. They're exhausted. It's been way more work then they anticipated. And there's a lot of work ahead of them, but it will get done! The entire upstairs of their house has a fresh coat of paint. They're ordering some new carpet and should be settled pretty soon.
------
I should probably mention that in the last two years all of my siblings (Amy & Tim) and all of Ryan's siblings (Robert and Angel) have moved. What a relief that Ryan's parents are staying put :) I'm thankful that Christian will have at least one familiar place to visit!
-----
And so I'm done with moving. I used to love "house shopping." I'm over it now. I just want to feel settled again. So I'm going to spend the next couple of weeks painting, organizing and trying to get settled for good. We're slowing moving all of my parent's things out and I'm enjoying the process of figuring out how I want to get everything set up. I still have boxes that have yet to be unpacked. I made some progress this weekend, eliminating 4 more huge boxes. So we're getting there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Judy,

We're gearing up for moving Melinda and Christine Friday evening. They are really excited about their new apartment. Since you're the PRO, do you have any suggestions for us?
Honestly, I've always been amazed how many people move frequently. In my entire life, I've lived in three homes all within a 15 mile radius.
Sally