Friday, February 3, 2012

A Pinterest Party

I love Pinterest....I hate Pinterest.
I love all the ideas.
I hate the fact I never have time or energy to do all those cute ideas.
But every now and then I try to pull off a little project.

 Here was my inspiration....but I could not find wooden candle stick holders anywhere!! boo! They had them at AC Moore but they would sell out as soon as they would get them back in. I wanted to paint mine white, but oh well.
Here's what I ended up with and I think it's cute too. I still think I like the inspiration picture better, but this works for us! It's just a candelabra (from Hobby Lobby) and I hot glued the little tin Valentine Mailboxes that I found in the dollar bins at Target. Last night I saw teal Valentine boxes. How cute would they have been?? Oh I would have loved to have teal in the mix, but I was already done.

I told my kids that they won't be getting a surprise or a note every day this month, but if the flag is up then they've got mail. Christian came down the steps this morning and his face lit up as soon as he saw his flag up. Inside was a sprinkle doughnut. He was thrilled :)

Go check out the rest of the Pinterest Party at:

3 comments:

Leighann said...

Judy, these are so cute. Makes me want to run to the Target dollar bins now!

Katy said...

I love the idea!!! Haven't joined pinterest for fear I will get sucked in .like everyone says and I just can't don't have time to get sucked in!!!

Mrs. H said...

So cute! I LOVE this idea! I'm going to have to get busy and get this done for this year!