Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Orchard

The tradition lives on!!! We headed to Gardenhour's Orchard again this year and the kids picked an entire bushel of apples.
Thank goodness Christian loves apples! He typically eats two a day, which is fabulous!

McKenna was very serious about the whole thing. She was very concerned about all the apples that she couldn't reach. And then she picked a ton of apples that weren't very good ones. But it was a great experience for her. Hopefully this is one of those traditions that my kids will remember for the rest of their lives :)


For the fourth year in a row, our sweet friends joined us! We have made some great memories together. I'll never forget the first year that we went and Christian was in a stroller and it started rolling down the hill because the orchard is literally on the side of a mountain. I haven't taken a stroller since. And that first year there were only 3 kids. My goodness times have changed!



1 comment:

Heather said...

I would love to go apple picking but I don't know of any orchards near by! Looks like fun, wow, two apples a day!