Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Little of this and that

Our big ultrasound is tomorrow and the kids are going to go for the last part of it. So we were talking about it in the car this morning. I was trying to prepare them by telling them what to expect. Christian's disappointed that they only have black and white TVs for ultrasounds because he thought the baby would look blue if it's a boy and pink if it's a girl! I thought that was hilarious. I'm glad we're talking about this ahead of time because they both have some strange ideas about how all this is going to work. Apparently McKenna thought the baby was going to "crawl" out of my belly so we could say "hi" and then it was going to go back inside.

On a different note, we have some new issues in our house. McKenna is now obsessed with make-up thanks to spending the weekend with her cousins. Emma, Abby and Sophie thought it was fun to put make-up on McKenna and McKenna was more than happy to comply. Well now I'm going to have to keep my make-up under lock and key. She's been stealing my make-up and even the chapstick from Christian's room and hiding them all over the house.

And we now have the honor of praying for Amy's dog Zoe every night. McKenna was very interested in the dog when we were there. She doesn't like to be close to dogs, but she likes to watch them. She loved being on one side of the sliding glass door while Zoe was on the other side. We've gotten to thank Jesus for Zoe many times since we've been home.

2 comments:

The Marklund's said...

That's cute... Sophie prays for our dog and her bike. :) I love it!

I don't put my make up on in front of Sophie.... so, she isn't interested. I hope it's a while before some young girls put make up on her. Sophie WOULD become obsessed too. :)

Katy said...

can't wait to hear about tomorrow!!! :)