Monday, October 25, 2010

Friday Night at my house....

I hosted a Harvest Party as a reward for some of the 4th & 5th graders from my Sunday School class. I can't show you my best pictures b/c these aren't my kids and I didn't get their parents permission to post pictures, so I'll show you some of the pictures I took from a distance! We started things off with a marshmallow war :)
Then there was an obstacle/relay race! It's always fun when it involves a plunger and a pumpkin!
Tug of War and a Pumpkin Seed spitting contest were next on the agenda.

I don't know why bobbing for apples is considered a good fall activity. If you get wet you end up freezing, so I had to actually throw a load of wet clothes in the dryer while the kids were eating.

Here's part of the crew! Ryan kept the hot dogs coming.

We had a doughnut on a string eating contest, flashlight tag and a scarecrow making contest. Then we roasted marshmallows around the fire and sang some worship songs. And Ryan ended the night with a fabulous fireworks display! It was a great night. I was exhausted, but it was completely worth it!


1 comment:

Heather said...

You guys are so good! I want an invitation next time...although I may be a bit too old!