Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Princess

McKenna surprises me every day! The other day she pointed to the TNT Fireworks logo on my shirt and said "Daddy's work?" Oh my word, how on earth did she know that. And another day last week a friend of ours was babysitting McKenna. Ryan had given them some fireworks and when McKenna saw them in their garage she said, "That's my daddy's." Now just to give you a little perspective....we don't have any fireworks at our house. None. I have no idea how she knows daddy has anything to do with fireworks, unless she remembered from last summer, which I guess she must.
She loves to put puzzles together and read books. Unfortunately she's also at the age where she destroys books. I learned the hard way not to let her have a flap book in her bed with her when she takes a nap. By the end of nap time the book will no longer have any flaps.

McKenna is 26 months old and weighs 26 lbs.
She still takes a decent nap every afternoon.
She likes to stay up late with Mommy and Daddy.
Her new favorite obsession are her babies.
She has two babies; Reagan (named after a baby friend she knows) and Sara.
She loves to take care of Reagan and Sara.
Many times I find myself searching the house for one of them before we go somewhere.
She loves to have them in the car with her.
McKenna is quite the little singer.
She sings ALL THE TIME!!
Her new favorite thing is putting on "shows."
A "show" is when she stands on the hearth of the fireplace (her stage) and sings for us.
Then she tells us to clap!
Her favorite song continues to be "Jesus loves me" but sometimes we also get to hear:
Abc song
If you're happy and you know it
Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star
Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam
God is so Good
McKenna has all the men in our family wrapped around her little finger.
Her daddy and her PopPop are totally smitten.
Of course they are....
she always runs up to them and says "Much You" as she hugs their leg!
-----

I had a hard time figuring out what the name McKenna meant when we were picking out baby names. Most baby name sources say the name McKenna means "ascend" or "son of Kenneth." But this one source said that McKenna means "happiness" and that's the meaning I'm claiming for my McKenna! It fits her!


4 comments:

Millicent said...

What a sweetie!! I've enjoyed getting to know your kids better lately--they're both great!!

Heather said...

What a little cutie! She and my Liam would have so much fun together!

Katy said...

oh - she and callie would be such good friends! her hair looks adorable in these pictures too - she is such a cutie little girl!

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

She is a beautiful, smart little girl....takes after her Mom! Sorry I haven't been commenting much....am having trouble with my computer not letting me comment. Hopefully we have got it sorted out now!