Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Water :)

Tonight I'm thankful for running water.
Whew...won't take it for granted for quite awhile.

Thankful that we don't have to use baby wipes to wash our hands.
Thankful that I don't have to fill up the back of the toilet just to flush it.
Thankful for friends who gave us water.
Thankful for friends who offered showers (probably should have taken them up on that).
Thankful that I can brush my teeth without it being an ordeal.
Thankful to scrub down my grubby kids.
Thankful for the ridiculously long shower I took tonight.

Ahhh...yes....running water is such a blessing.

Praying tonight for the moms in this world who don't have the ability to give their kids clean water.



P.S. We are also soooo thankful that our well was not dry and that we didn't have to replace the pump in the well. Either of those scenarios would have cost thousands. They actually had to replace an electrical wire down in the well that carries the electricity all the way down the well to the pump. Still an expensive fix, but considering what it could have been...we were thrilled.

No comments: