Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Afternoon

I didn't grow up with the Easter bunny. Instead as a child my parents would plan a savenger hunt with clues that would lead me to my Easter present. I have great memories of following clues up trees, to the trunk of the car, to the washing machine inside, under couch cushions and so on. So we are continuing the tradition with our kids. And both Christian and McKenna LOVED it!
-----
The picture above...Christian on his way to the mail box.
McKenna trying to keep up with PopPop and Daddy in tow!

Hmmmm....where could that clue be?? We finally gave him a hint and told him to look to his right. I guess we're going to have to work on the concept of right and left because he still didn't find it right away.

Whew...he finally found it!
Another clue.

The birds actually knocked this clue out of the bird feeder.

And they finally found the loot in McKenna's playhouse!
Oh the excitement.

Who would have thought you could get so excited over a Dora toothbrush!

Showing PopPop their new things.

A race car!

2 comments:

paintit4u said...

How fun! Dad and Mom did a treasure hunt for all the grandkids at their house on Easter. All the kids had fun, even though I'm not sure Grant quite got it. Anna :)

Oh, and your yard is beautiful!

Amy said...

Abby wore that dress not all that long ago! I love it on McKenna! So precious:)