Friday, April 16, 2010

See ya later...

This weekend I'm going to:
  • sleep in
  • snuggle my husband
  • read a book
  • have conversation without interruption
  • go out to eat
  • enjoy the company of my best friend
  • invest in my marriage
  • relax
  • miss my kids :)


Ryan and I are heading out of town.
Just the two of us.
We've never done this before.
We need it.
I need it.
I'm excited!



I think I've realized over the last couple of years that you have to put your marriage first.
I haven't done a very good job with that.
Because of kids, a house on the market, laundry, blogging, cleaning, moving, moving again, mowing grass, changing diapers, family stuff, Sunday school lessons, lack of sleep, health issues with kids, health issues with me, kids, kids.....did I say kids ?? and just life!
I've had so many people tell me to "guard your marriage," "work at your marriage." ETC....
But marriage was easy for Ryan and I...at least the first five years :)
Seriously...things were perfect.
We would scratch our heads and wonder what people were talking about when they said "work."
We thought we were some exception.
And to some degree I think we are.
We are so blessed.
We are happy.
We still love each other :)
But kids happened.
And McKenna didn't sleep for about a year.
And Ryan's job got super stressful.
And we had a few extra kids around for awhile.
And then, being the tremendously wise people that we are, we put our house on the market during the worst time possible.
And we showed our house 18 times.
I think I had about 18 melt downs.
And we moved.
And we moved again.
And we are finally catching our breath and in between all the busyness I've realized that I miss him.


So this weekend it's just me and him.
Sounds like perfection to me!

5 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

Have a wonderful time together! Reconnect with that best friend and have some FUN!!!!

Anonymous said...

Judy,I hope that you and Ryan are heading for a nice comfy B&B where you get some real pampering. Enjoy a great few days away. You've both earned some down time.
Sally

paintit4u said...

Have a wonderful, wonderful time. May God richly bless your time together. Anna :)

Katy said...

oh judy - i can't tell you how THRILLED i am that you guys are getting away! it's going to be such a WONDERFUL and STRANGE thing to get gone from your kidS! enjoy it!!! you can love on the kids when you get home....

Courtney said...

awesome, judy! SO good for you guys! we need to NEVER stop working hard at our marriages, huh??