Tuesday, October 9, 2012

On my knees

It's been a hard day.

We took Will to see a pediatric dermatologist at Hershey Medical Center.

I was shocked to learn that he actually has 3 different skin disorders/diseases.

That caught me completely off guard.

I thought we were dealing with one thing.

I texted a few friends after the appointment to let them know how it went
and then I had a good cry on the way home.

Thank goodness for Godly friends (and a sister too!) who reminded me of what God has already done for Will and what God can easily do for him now.

I'll share in more detail later. I'm still processing all of this. Still trying to learn about what we're dealing with and trying to figure out our new skin care routine.

My BIGGEST prayer request is for comfort for Will. He wakes up multiple times at night with severe itching. His onesie is often bloody in the morning from him trying to scratch his skin through his shirt (we keep him covered from neck to ankle at night to try to keep him from scratching). Tonight is the first night with a prescription cream and I am praying that it gives him immediate relief!

I am so sad.

Will is so pleasant and so sweet and I just hate this for him. I know that there are much, much worse things in life. I know that he is healthy and will be just fine. I know that there are people dealing with much more severe issues.  But I'm still a mommy whose heart breaks to see her sweet boy struggling.

Do you know why memorizing scripture is so important???

Because of days like today. As soon as I started praying this is the verse that popped into my head.

Psalm 103:1-5
Praise the Lord, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, O my soul,
and forget not all his benefits
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
 
Over and over again my mind kept running through the words....
forget not his benefits (don't forget what I've already done for Will!)
who heals all your diseases (remember what I can do! seek me and ask me to do it!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
A Co-worker and friend posted about your blog the other day, so I just dropped in to check it out.

After reading this post, I wanted to say that I was encouraged by your faith, and that I'll be praying for your son.

-Jeremy

Vicki said...

Judy,

Is there a food/allergy connection at all? I've found that so much can be helped by changes in children's diets.

I'll be praying that you'll have the wisdom you need to do what's best for Will. I know it can be overwhelming, but this wasn't a surprise for God, and He's prepared you for it all along.

My prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Judy, I'm so sorry! My mother's heart hurts for you and Will. I am praying. (((hugs))) Anna