Monday, October 15, 2012

Big Sister Book Time

 It was quiet in the family room, so I peeked in and smilely boy looked up at me.
 Big sister loves to "pre read" to him.
Side note: One day McKenna was all discouraged that she didn't know how to read. She usually just makes up her own story and I told her that she's using great pre reading strategies and that even looking at the pictures and making up your own story helps you begin to learn to read. Now she loves to throw around the term. "Mom, I'm going to preread now." or "Mom, do you think this would be a good book to preread to Will?"
 He wasn't listening. She didn't notice.
Will has been the best thing that ever happened to McKenna!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you encourage your children and find the positive in every experience. I'm going to message you in Facebook about a recent experience about being positive and encouraging your children.

Love ya
Laurie