Friday, March 9, 2012

Getting ready for ONE

Will is getting really excited about turning one. He's been practicing lots of grown up tricks in preparation for his big day. He's been reading a few books. He's been practicing his walking. He decided that chores are really his thing. He loves to help me load and unload the dishwasher. And of course... in true boy fashion...he tries to scare me to death by climbing up the stairs. He also says two words now "Dada" and "Chrish."

I've got to share the story behind "Chrish" just so I don't forget. 
Christian had just gotten home from school and I went upstairs to get Will up from his nap. I was carrying Will down the stairs talking to him about how Christian was home and he could go play with Christian. Will spotted Christian in the playroom and I pointed to him and said "Do you see Christian?" and Will said "Chrish." I about fell over. So I repeated "Christian" and he said "Chrish." And we did that over and over again. Christian was so thrilled!!!  Will has also started to mimic different sounds. If you quack like a duck, most of the time he will do it too. This is such a fun age...except for the biting. I've never had a biter before, but I sure do right now.

2 comments:

Millicent said...

Gosh, he's doing a lot all at once lately!!! I love all of his outfits :) I hope you guys have a great day celebrating that wonderful blessing that Will is!

Millicent said...

Gosh, he's doing a lot all at once lately!!! I love all of his outfits :) I hope you guys have a great day celebrating that wonderful blessing that Will is!